Sunday, January 9, 2011

Late night crunchies and munchies

Since my evening with the potato chips, I have been looking for a better option.  Something that I can still use for dip's, or eat alone.  I was discussing this with my great friend M, and she told me about Sweet Potato Chips.  In theory, one would think that it would count towards the zero foods.  This leads me to two points...


  1.      Vegetables have a few limits as to what is deemed as zero points.  Corn, peas, potatoes, and sweet potatoes all have a point value.  
  2.      You get more sweet potato chips than potato chips for your points!  17 chips for 4 points!  Still, a better alternative!
If you are not sure why the items listed above are counted towards your point values, here is why.  While these are vegetables, they are very high in carbohydrates.  Since they are high in carbs, they have a point value.  You can google the nutritional information on your own if you need more information beyond that.  

As of right now, I just ate some Sweet Potato chips (4 points), and earlier I had a Thai Kitchen bowl (6 points), carnitas left-overs (12 points), 1/2 smart ones brownie (2 points), a JD light breakfast sandwich (6 points), and coffee (2 points--creamer).  I am right at my daily goal.  I have 11 weekly points left... only good for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment