Thursday, January 6, 2011

Plan of Action... so far

In the mornings, I enjoy a breakfast sandwich.  Who doesn't?  I actually have the Jimmy Dean Ham and Cheese Croissants and the Jimmy Dean Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit.  Concerned I would have to give up my imitation McDonalds breakfast, I finally calculated the points.  Ham and Cheese is only 8 points and the BEC is 9!  Plus a glass of milk that is only 10 or 11 points for breakfast!  That is doable... because it is already my routine!

Last night for dinner, I was in the dredges with the kids, I needed to make something fast to eat after bedtime.  In my eagerness to start something I began calculating away at random items looking for something REALLY filling... I was hungry!  Then I came across a gold mind hidden in the back of my freezer.  So tempting, one of my favorite meals... it had to be too good to get away with, but I calculated it anyway.

Trader Joes Shepphard Pie... one serving is 1/2 of the container (it's a pretty large container), calculated out to only 4 points!  I then multiplied the information by two... and it was 9 points for the whole thing!!!!  It has everything I love, red meat, mashed potatoes, veggies, and gravy!  I ate well last night!

Lunch today, I decided to see how lucky I could get with my Trader Joes food... so I pulled out my Thai Style Massiman Chicken.  Digging into the freezer I pulled out the delicious rice bowl and thought, "There is no way."  But it does... it is only 10 points!  I had a delicious lunch!

So here I am to today (phew), and I have spahgetti and meat balls in the oven (a frozen meal from Wegmans) and one serving is 8 points.  Here is where it gets tricky.  One serving is only 1 cup.  If you are like me, I need more in my tummy than a one cup portion of spaghetti.  This is where I raided my fridge.  We have German Cabbage, and one cup is only 1 point... plus its a veggie!!!  So, as I just finished my Cabbage, and waiting on my dinner, I will feed the babies, and hopefully have a very filling meal (with a glass of milk).

TODAYS POINTS:     31
DAILY POINTS:         32

No comments:

Post a Comment