Thursday, January 6, 2011

Welcome!

So, this is not a resolution, those are designed to be broken. This is my personal quest to lose weight and learn what realistic foods work with the Weight Watchers program.

I chose weight watchers for one reason... there is nothing I cannot have. It is all about portions and decisions.

I also decided that I would not join, rather just work it out on my own. I did get the calculator (points plus), the Dining out Companion, and the Complete Food Companion. The calculator makes figuring out points very easy, and if you understand how the program works... you don't need to pay for the membership.

Here are my current goals:

  1. Lose weight (duh)
  2. Be Realistic
  3. Help others do the same
Here are my current obsticles:

  1. Just gave birth to twins in the last year (not BFing any more)
  2. I need to shed about 70 lbs to get to a healthy weight
  3. I LOVE food... and good food at that... that's what got me here in the first place!
Here are my stats:

  1. Starting Weight: 212
  2. Starting Height: 5'3" or 73"
  3. Starting Age: 30
A little more information:

-I love food, some of my favorites are items like: rice, pasta, sauces, red meat, chocolate, ice cream, flavored chips.....
-Foods that I don't care for/avoid: tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, nuts, fish.

BE REALISTIC:

Ok, as a mom to 9 month old mobile twins, the last thing I can realistically do is make a gourmet meal for us... I also don't have time to spend scouring over cookbooks to try and jump right into learning how to cook (no, I don't know how to cook very much). I need really really REALLY simple meal ideas that as a full time student and full time mother I can toss in the microwave or oven and set a timer.

We have now reached the purpose of my blog. I hope that sharing this information will show people, like myself, that losing weight may not be about cutting out everything you enjoy and love. I am on a quest to find good microwavable meals that you can enjoy for a decent amount of points. I am allowed 32 points right now (plus the additional 49 for the week), so I am trying to get every meal at around 10 points max. Remember, fruits and veggies are ZERO points... although, the chips always seem to call my name.


No comments:

Post a Comment